Q: Clunking when braking

When I apply the brakes fully in my truck I hear a loud clunk on the right side. In addition, there is some clunking when I turn.

This comes up often on this vehicle. It is caused by a loose part on the suspension. It is usually a bad ball joint or control arm bushing. When one of these parts fails, the suspension will move or shift when hitting the brakes and cause the noise you are hearing. It will also move when turning. The suspension will need to be inspected to find the problem. If you are planning on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to find the problem and repair it.

3. Clunking when braking