Q: How do I check power steering fluid in a 2012 Honda Accord?

asked by on December 15, 2015

How do I check the power steering fluid?

Your car’s power steering system is designed to make it easier to turn your steering wheel and navigate, particularly at lower speeds (if you’ve ever driven a car without power steering, you know just how hard it can be to turn the wheel).

Keeping an eye on your power steering fluid is important, but it’s easy to do. Just follow these steps:

1. Open the hood.

2. Locate the power steering fluid reservoir (it’s white, with a red cap).

3. Check the fluid level – it should be between the minimum and maximum lines.

4. If the fluid is low, top it off using approved power steering fluid and then have the system inspected for leaks.

Tips

• If you spill any power steering fluid, make sure to clean it up immediately.

• Only Honda power steering fluid should be used – Honda actually recommends having a flush performed if any other fluid is used.