Q: Air sucking into oil dipstick

I lose oil a lot. Have back pressure through oil dipstick and oil cap. When I take the dipstick out or unscrew the cap, not much loss of power.

Hi, thanks for writing in. If the crankcase is building up pressure that will not equalize, then you have a clogged crankcase ventilation system, such as the crankcase air filter may be bad. Have the PCV valve and air filter crankcase tube filter changed as required. Check to make sure there is no blockage in the PCV system and that the engine does not have oil sludge build up in the engine for lack of oil changes.

If you would like help, consider having an expert automotive technician from YourMechanic come to your home or office to inspect and diagnose this issue for you, and make or suggest any repairs as needed, such as replacing the PCV valve or crankcase vent filter.