Q: Can't figure out why my car won't start

asked by on February 22, 2016

The security system is causing my car to stall while starting.

Your car is equipped with a security system that turns off the fuel system detects if the car is being stolen. This can be caused by a key, the key sensor, or the anti-theft module. The most common cause of this is a passlock sensor for the key. There are procedures that can be done to try and reset the system, but the issue needs to be found first. A computer scan tool can be used if it can communicate with this module to see what it is seeing. I would also try a spare key if you have one. If you need to have this diagnosed, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine why it is not starting. From this diagnostic, they will be able to perform the repairs necessary to get your car back on the road.