Q: Alternator not charging

asked by on February 05, 2016

My alternator is not charging the battery like it should.

Battery will not hold a charge Inspection $79.99 - $99.99 Get a Quote
Alternator Replacement $151.62 - $1237.14 Get a Quote

Hello. If the alternator is not charging the battery then it may be failing. There are other problems that can occur such as bad battery connections or a failing battery cable. If the car has the wrong battery in it then that can also cause improper charging. A mechanic would usually check the battery to see if it the correct size and then check the connections at the battery. If those are fine then the alternator would need to be load tested to see if it is failing. I’d recommend having a mechanic diagnose the cause of your faulty charging system and replace the alternator if necessary.