Q: cooling fans, are they specific to make & model?

MY LR DISCOVERY COOLING FANS ARE NOT OPERATING PROPERLY & LAND ROVER IN CENTERVILLE UTAH SAID THEY HAVE TO BE BOUGHT THROUGH DEALER FOR PROPER OPERATION. Could an aftermarket fan work as well, or is it dealer specific? I have had Land Rover/ Centerville do all maintenance to date, but they quoted $800 to fix.

Hello. Aftermarket fans could possibly work to cool your vehicle, however they probably will not work as efficiently or fit as well as the original fans. I would recommend having the fans installed by the dealer, or at least having original equipment fans installed, if at another shop, as long as they are original equipment parts. Using original equipment parts will ensure proper function and fit for long-term usage.

3. cooling fans, are they specific to make & model?