Q: Speedometer stopped working, o/d light blinking, check engine light and low tire pressure light are on

asked by on May 23, 2016

The speedometer on my car stopped working. The check engine light is on as well as the ABS light. The o/d light is blinking and the light showing low tire pressure is turned on as well. What could be causing this? What should I get checked first? Thanks.

All of these problems are most likely linked together by a faulty wheel speed sensor. If the ABS light is on, a fault will be stored pointing to the faulty wheel speed sensor. You may want to enlist the help of a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, who will have the equipment to pull the fault code and repair the correct wheel speed circuit or replace your wheel speed sensor entirely.