Q: What are the wires connected to coil pack called?

Shoddy mechanic checked coil pack wires, when he unplugged the wire he broke the plastic cover... Claims it was already broken -_-

What are the connectors called that go into the bottom of the coil pack on a 2003 hyundai elantra? Not spark plug wires, the ones that actually connect to the bottom of coil pack. https://postimg.org/image/xihp1ukst/

Hello, thanks for writing in. The connectors you are referring to are commonly called the ignition coil pigtails, or simply ignition coil connectors. In some cases the damaged connectors will still plug in and allow the coil to function correctly. If you wish to replace the connector you can likely source a new one from an aftermarket parts supplier or a dealership.

The repair would consist of cutting the original connector and splicing the new one into the harness. If necessary, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location to diagnose the harness and make the necessary repair.