Q: Q: Car overheats

Oil light was on as well as VSC check or something like that. I think the oil is fine but I'm not sure what VSC is. I tried to drive my car and a weird noise was coming out of it as well as a weird smell and it began to overheat so I turned it off and waited for it to cool down to move it someplace else. I'm not sure what the problem can be please help.

VSC refers to vehicle stability control and any fault there can be diagnosed and repaired after the overheating and oil warning light are resolved. If the oil light you are seeing is the low oil pressure warning light, oil pressure will be tested with an external gauge to see if pressure is inadequate or there is a warning light fault. If oil pressure checks out OK (of course, the warning light circuit/pressure sensor fault will have to be repaired), the overheating should be diagnosed and repaired so that you can run the engine. The most common causes of overheating include low coolant level, a faulty thermostat, a plugged radiator, a faulty radiator pressure cap, collapsed hoses, non functioning cooling fans, and a faulty water pump or drive belt. Certain engine faults, such as a leaking head gasket or poor engine running condition can also cause overheating. If you desire that the problems you are having be diagnosed by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request an engine overheating diagnostic and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. As noted, the mechanic will begin by making sure there is engine oil pressure because if there is no or low engine oil pressure you can’t run the engine and that will have to be repaired first. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. Q: Car overheats