Q: car stuttered and died, engine light came on, checked fuses and fuel pump could the filter cause problem?

car stuttered and died

A: Hey there, thanks for writing in about your...

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Ford Focus. It is possible that a faulty fuel pump or fuel filter would cause this. Other items can also cause the concern you have, such as a vacuum leak or faulty MAF sensor. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car in person in order to diagnose the stalling issue and have it repaired correctly.