Q: car stuttered and died, engine light came on, checked fuses and fuel pump could the filter cause problem?

car stuttered and died

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Ford Focus. It is possible that a faulty fuel pump or fuel filter would cause this. Other items can also cause the concern you have, such as a vacuum leak or faulty MAF sensor. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car in person in order to diagnose the stalling issue and have it repaired correctly.

3. car stuttered and died, engine light came on, checked fuses and fuel pump could the filter cause problem?