Q: car stuttered and died, engine light came on, checked fuses and fuel pump could the filter cause problem?

asked by on August 13, 2016

car stuttered and died

Fuel Pump Replacement $120.92 - $1186.72 Get a Quote
Fuel Filter Replacement $83.13 - $270.56 Get a Quote
Mass Airflow Sensor Replacement $171.84 - $740.29 Get a Quote
Car is stalling Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2003 Ford Focus. It is possible that a faulty fuel pump or fuel filter would cause this. Other items can also cause the concern you have, such as a vacuum leak or faulty MAF sensor. I suggest having a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, inspect your car in person in order to diagnose the stalling issue and have it repaired correctly.