Q: Car is stalling heavily, check engine light on, scanner shows P0101 MAF

Car is stalling heavily , check engine light on, scanner shows P0101 MAF or VAF A Ckt Rng Perform. What to do next. I've watched several videos. some say to remove the MAF and clean it, while others show if the sensor is working with a multimeter reading.What do I do next? BTW, Transmission is a hybrid. Also, I have always kept the car in good running condition.

My car's transmission is unknown to me.

A: Generally, the mass air flow sensor code wi...

Generally, the mass air flow sensor code will register either when it is dirty or when it is failing for other reasons such as lack of proper voltage or connection. The mass air flow sensor is a unit in the intake system that monitors air intake as it is mixed with fuel prior to being injected into the motor. When this is dirty or faulty, this causes an imbalanced air/fuel load to be supplied to the motor which results in an over fueling or under fueling situation depending on the conditions. This type of inconsistent fuel supply to the motor may cause a hesitation, loss of power, a jerking reaction, potentially a bit of black exhaust smoke and typically a strong smell of fuel when this sensor is malfunctioning. When this is not working properly, you may also notice a strong smell of fuel. I would suggest having a professional from Your Mechanic come to your home to diagnose your mass air flow sensor.