Q: Car randomly feels like it loses power and jumps

When I am starting up from a stopped position or accelerating forward, my car feels like it is losing power. It only happens for a second, but it slightly jumps and then returns to normal. This is a random occurrence; not all the time. Can you give me a list of what might be causing this so I can get this fixed?

Hello there. Many different items can cause a lack of power intermittently such as this. The most common would be the spark plugs, wires, fuel pump, fuel filter, vacuum leak, exhaust leak or oxygen sensors. Since there are many potential causes, I recommend having a qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose your car’s loss of power in order to have the correct repairs made.

3. Car randomly feels like it loses power and jumps