Q: My brake lights don't turn on when I hit the brakes. What is wrong and how much to fix this problem?

My brake lights do not turn on when I hit the brakes. I have had the bulbs replaced about three times in 4-5 months, so I don't think that's the problem. My turning signals work fine and so do the head lights. It may be an electrical issue and I'm afraid repair will be expensive.

Thank you in advance for your help!

Hello there, Hello there, many different faults will cause your 2013 Kia Forte brake lights to not illuminate when you press the brake pedal. Having to replace the bulbs multiple times is not a normal issue and may indicate there is a larger issue going on. There are a few common faults that will cause your brake light bulbs to fail repeatedly such as a failing brake switch, wiring harness fault, faulty brake light housing, or a bulb socket fault. In cases where the exact cause is not know the vehicle must be diagnosed properly, this will locate the root cause of the problem. A qualified Technician such as one from YourMechanic will be able to diagnose your brake light issues and make any repairs required to resolve the issue.

• My brake lights don't turn on when I hit the brakes. What is wrong and how much to fix this problem?