Gauge lights, power windows, and power locks not working ...

Q: Gauge lights, power windows, and power locks not working

asked by on March 06, 2018

My car had a hard start. Needed to hold the key about twice as long to start up. After that, none of the power windows work, None of the power locks work. Gauge cluster and lights on radio or gear shifter turn on when headlights are turned on. Tail lights, head lights, dome lights, radio, and power rear view mirrors work. Tried changing the fuses for the gauge cluster, windshield wipers because they only half work, and the "tail LH" fuse,

Hi Jason. Thanks for the question today. If you’re having starting issues, I’m not certain that this is related to the electrical problems you’re describing. It’s more than likely that they are separate issues, possibly caused by an electrical short somewhere in the steering column or the power window/lock module. It would probably save you a lot of money and time to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete an electrical problems inspection to determine what is causing this issue.