Q: Shift to drive but goes to manual mode not automatic.

asked by on November 25, 2016

When you go to drive the car shows a 1 for first gear instead of d for drive. It will not shift unless you shift it manually.

Shifter Interlock Solenoid Replacement $96.05 - $1115.92 Get a Quote

Hi there. Check the shifter to the transmission. The shifter solenoid is not working properly and needs replaced. Remove the shifter housing from the vehicle and you will see a solenoid in it. This is the shift interlock solenoid for the manual and automatic shifting adjuster. The solenoid has failed and will not allow the transmission to shift automatically. If you need further assistance with transmission shifting manually and not automatically, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.