Q: I can not lock or unlock the doors on my 2010 Cadillac SRX

I don't know if its relevant or not but I ran my car through an automatic car wash and later when I tried to lock it, it would not respond to either the fob or the ondash controls. My first thought was a blown fuse but I can not find the power door locks listed on my fuse data.

Hi there. Although your Cadillac is a rather complex vehicle, the power door lock system is a relatively simple system. When you press the lock or unlock button (located on your key, or inside your vehicle), the power door lock sends a relay signal to the power door lock actuator. The actuator, through a series of gears, locks or unlocks the door or doors that you are controlling. One of those components is likely damaged which is disabling the ability to lock your doors. It’s best to contact a professional mobile mechanic and have them complete a power door locks are not working inspection.

3. I can not lock or unlock the doors on my 2010 Cadillac SRX