Q: Q: How do I replace the wiper blades?

How do I replace the wiper blades?

Your wipers provide visibility when it’s raining, sleeting or snowing. They’re crucial to safe driving. However, they will wear out over time and you’ll need to replace them before they cause damage to the windshield. Not sure how to do that? Here’s what you need to know:

1. Pull up the driver side wiper arm

2. Pull up the passenger side wiper arm

3. Lift the lock tab on the wiper blade (start with the driver side)

4. Slide the blade off the arm itself

5. Locate the metal tabs at the end of the wiper blade

6. Squeeze them together and pull the blade out of the holder

7. Remove the retainer, which is a flat metal, and install on new blade as needed

8. Slide the new blade into the holder

9. Reattach the wiper to the arm (make sure it locks securely in place)

10. Repeat these steps for the passenger side

11. Lower the wiper arms when you’re done

Tips

• Don’t let the wiper arms fall on the windshield when the wipers are off. This can chip or even crack the glass.

• If you don’t want to replace the inserts, you can replace the entire wiper and holder (more expensive, but faster).

3. Q: How do I replace the wiper blades?