Q: Changing power steering fluid

asked by on May 18, 2016

I need to know what power steering fluid is best for my Mitsubishi Galant. I plan on changing it myself and need to know if I should use genuine power steering fluid, or should I use a transmission fluid. What do you recommend as the best for my vehicle.

Power Steering Fluid Service $95.93 - $158.93 Get a Quote

Hello. Mitsubishi recommends that you use the Mitsubishi brand when you change the power steering fluid. However, it is possible that you could find power steering fluid at your local parts store that either meets or exceeds the Mitsubishi brand power steering fluid; it just depends on your preference.

It is not necessary to use transmission fluid. If you need assistance with changing your power steering fluid, contact a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.