Q: Truck idling high

I had a new carburetor installed in my Ford Ranger. Now, my truck seems to be idling high to the point of being undrivable.

Hi there. You may need to have the carburetor adjusted or you have a binding throttle high idle choke linkage. A major vacuum leak can be something that can lead to having a high idling vehicle. A primary cause for this is that a hose or something was not hooked up or broke while changing the carburetor. I would recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your high idling problem to be on the safe side and eliminate any doubts.