Q: Truck idling high

I had a new carburetor installed in my Ford Ranger. Now, my truck seems to be idling high to the point of being undrivable.

A: Hi there. You may need to have the carburet...

Hi there. You may need to have the carburetor adjusted or you have a binding throttle high idle choke linkage. A major vacuum leak can be something that can lead to having a high idling vehicle. A primary cause for this is that a hose or something was not hooked up or broke while changing the carburetor. I would recommend you have a mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your high idling problem to be on the safe side and eliminate any doubts.