Q: Headlight Issue

I am having problems with my Headlights. I have replaced the Headlight Switch, the Daytime Running Lamp Module and the Ambient Sensor. When I start the car, the DRL's come on. If I turn my Headlight switch to on, the Parking lights stay on and the DRL's turn off. When I switch my Headlights off, the DRL's come back on. When it starts to get dark, the Ambient light sensor will make my dashboard light up and then the DRL's go out..Since they go out, I have no Headlights until the morning because the Headlight switch won't turn them on...Help....

A: The daytime running lights are not suppos...

The daytime running lights are not supposed to function at the same time as the headlights. The daytime running lights are only supposed to come on during the day, to provide additional visibility for daytime driving, independently of the headlights. When the headlights are turned on the daytime running lights should turn off. If they are not turning on it may be possible that perhaps the bulbs have burned out, or there is an issue with the fuse or relay. If you run into any issues, consider contacting a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, as certified technician can diagnose any issues with your lights firsthand and help you make the right repair.