Q: Ignition switch won't turn all the way off

asked by on February 12, 2016

My ignition switch won't turn all the way off. My radio stays on. It as hard to get out of Park. My dash light is out, and it says engine power is reduced.

It would appear that the vehicle has several problems that will need to be addressed separately. The radio staying on is probably caused by a switch that is not turning off all the way. This may also be related to the difficulty in shifting, as most shifter mechanism are designed to lock when the key is not turned off. I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, in order to determine the cause of your ignition issue.