Q: Transmission stopped forward backward

I was driving my Envoy in town yesterday, and all of a sudden my transmission just stopped working. It wasn’t going anywhere. It wouldn’t go forward, backward, there were no sounds. No warnings came up on the dashboard either like a check engine light or anything. It was really weird. So I had it towed to my local repair shop. Could this be an electrical problem? Do you know?

Hello. There could be an electrical problem with the transmission. Some of the wiring to the transmission could have been damaged from road debris or the computer for the transmission has failed. There may also be some internal parts of the transmission that are bad, like a bad valve body, bad pressure solenoids, or worn clutches. Blown fuses may also cause the problem you are experiencing. If you would like to have this scoped out for you, a certified pro from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to inspect the transmission and help guide toward the correct repair.

3. Transmission stopped forward backward