Q: Need help getting a keyless entry for my car

asked by on May 12, 2016

I bought my car from the dealership, but it didn't come with the remote for keyless entry. They tried to program a remote for it, but they weren't able and said that the car wasn't programmed for it. They said that I would have to get an aftermarket keyless entry. Where would I find an aftermarket keyless entry? Or, can the car actually be programmed for a Pontiac remote?

An aftermarket keyless entry system may or may not be required. If the vehicle is equipped with original equipment electronic door locks, the key fob typically should be able to be programmed to work with your keyless entry. The car may have a limit on how many key fobs are able to be programmed to the vehicle. If the vehicle is equipped with manual door locks and you wanted to use a key fob, the car would need electronic door locks installed to be able to use the fob. I recommend having the vehicle looked at further by a locksmith or technician to have this issue resolved.