Q: Instrument cluster and tail lights are not working

dashboard lights taillights not working all other gauges lights emergency flashers all other electrical work

Hello. The symptoms you describe can be caused by a few different things, possibly two separate issues. The first thing I would do is check the vehicle’s fuses to make sure that none of them are blown out. It may be possible that the fuses that go to these lights have burned out and need to be replaced. In most vehicles the instrument cluster lights and brake lights are on separate circuits, and for this reason will likely have separate fuses. I would also check any relays associated to these lights as they can also cause similar malfunctions if they have failed. I would also check to make sure that the bulbs are all good, as it may also be possible that the bulbs to these lights have burned out. If the fuses and bulbs check out then I would test to see if the lights are getting any power when switched on. If they are not then a few things to look at would be the stoplight and headlight switches, as well as any associated wiring. If you are unsure, I would recommend having a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, come to your location, to diagnose what may be causing your apparent electrical issues.

3. Instrument cluster and tail lights are not working