Q: Both key fobs won't work after airbag recall replacement.

Brought vehicle in for 90,000 mile servicing and airbag recall. Both keyless entry fobs no longer work. Auto locks inside car do work, and audible beep sound when manual locking and door closing still works. Module unplugged possibly? Thanks, Chris

Hi Chris. Did the wireless key fobs work prior to the service? If so, have you had the batteries replaced recently? If the batteries are new or ok then it sounds like the module have be unplugged or insufficiently connected. This can and does happen; a simple and silly mistake while remembering all the connectors that are available. I’ve completed several airbag recalls while at the Lexus dealer and have occasionally had a connector that looked like it was connected when it actually was not. I located mine during the quality control inspection to verify that everything that worked when the vehicle came in prior to service works after the service. I suggest a friendly visit back to the dealer for an inquiry as to what needs to be done or if there is something noted by the technician on the repair order that was not relayed to you; the technician may have noticed a concern with the wireless key fob. Your Mechanic has technicians available 7 days a week to assist you with service, inspections, and repairs at your home or office at www.yourmechanic.com.

3. Both key fobs won't work after airbag recall replacement.