Q: Car won't start strong smell of gas when I try to start it

asked by on September 23, 2016

I have checked the battery and alternator they are both good I can't get the car to start it stutters but doesn't crank not to sure what the deal might be

Odds are, if you smell gas while cranking the engine, it’s getting fuel. It’s probably not getting spark. Common causes for no spark: Bad crankshaft sensor. Bad camshaft sensor. Bad engine control module. Shorted/broken wires. The only way to be certain what is causing the problem is to have someone knowledgeable with BMWs to diagnose the problem.