Q: Rough idling during cold starts

When I start my SUV in the mornings, it idles for about 30 seconds before sounding normal. However, if I don't wait a while before driving, when I'm sitting at a red light, the idling drops and I have to go into neutral in order to rev it up. My dealership has done regular maintenance, but the problem still exists. What can I do to get this fixed?

The vehicle will have to have the throttle body and idle air control valve checked to see if it needs to be cleaned. Also, the engine will need to be checked for any vacuum leaks when the engine is cold.

Once these are checked, then a diagnosis can be done. You should have the parts cleaned on a regular basis anyway to help the idle to be normal. If you need help, have a mechanic like one from YourMechanic, come to you in the morning so they can determine the cause of your rough idling issue and make any repairs that are needed.