Q: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo won't stay running

My car will start up but won't stay running. The idle runs low, the car shuts off, and then it right back up.

Hello. Problems such as these can be caused by many things. Anything ranging from a bad vacuum leak, to a faulty idle air control valve will cause symptoms such as these. As engine performance problems can many times be hard to diagnose, I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to ensure that the correct diagnosis and repair is made.

3. 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo won't stay running