Q: 2004 Chevrolet Monte Carlo won't stay running

My car will start up but won't stay running. The idle runs low, the car shuts off, and then it right back up.

A: Hello. Problems such as these can be caused...

Hello. Problems such as these can be caused by many things. Anything ranging from a bad vacuum leak, to a faulty idle air control valve will cause symptoms such as these. As engine performance problems can many times be hard to diagnose, I would recommend having the vehicle looked at by a professional technician, such as one from YourMechanic, to ensure that the correct diagnosis and repair is made.