Q: When I turn my car on it neither drives forward nor drives in reverse.

On Sunday I tried to turn my car on and when I put it into reverse it did not go back at all I tried to go forward and it did not move as well it was able to turn on but that's all they did before this happened my boyfriend and his brother change the oil to my vehicle and because we did not have a jack they put large bricks on the ground and my boyfriend's brother stepped down hard on the accelerator in order for the tires to drive up on the blocks to help Elevate the car so that there would be space underneath to change the oil could that be what has caused the problem that I am having now?

Hi there. With the engine off, put the transmission in any gear other than park. See if the vehicle is able to move. If the vehicle is able to move, then Start up the engine and put the transmission in neutral. See if the vehicle can be moved by pushing the car. If the car moves, but will not move in drive or reverse, then while the engine is running, check the transmission oil level. If the level is low, add ATF (Kia brand for your vehicle) to the transmission and see if the transmission starts to move. If the oil level is full and the transmission does not move in drive or reverse, then put the transmission in low. If the vehicle moves in low, then the transmission burned the clutches and needs overhauled. If the vehicle does not move, then the seals on the input shaft to the transmission was burned and needs replaced, or the pump to the transmission has failed. Also, there could be an issue with the brake system if the vehicle will not move with the engine not running. Check to see if the brakes are applied and see if the master cylinder is full of brake fluid. If you need further assistance with your vehicle not moving when putting the transmission in drive or reverse, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. When I turn my car on it neither drives forward nor drives in reverse.