Q: I lose all gears after driving for 10 minutes

My transmission keeps going out. After losing gears, I have to park for a while before being able to keep going. What will fix this?

A: Hello. If the transmission starts working a...

Hello. If the transmission starts working again once the vehicle is restarted, it is typically caused by a bad valve body or shift solenoid. Most of the time, the valve body needs to be removed and cleaned and have the solenoids replaced. You should have a transmission specialist check the pressures of the transmission also just to verify that nothing else is going on internally. If you need to have it inspected, consider YourMechanic, as a certified mechanic can come to your home or office to determine what is causing your gear issue.