Q: Car shakes at 40-6- mph and brakes squeak

When I apply the brakes while going between 40-60 mph, my car starts to badly shake. I have been to the dealership twice due to this problem. The first trip, the brakes were changed. The second visit, there was a bubble in my tire, so it was replaced and they also performed a balance and alignment. I have to drive on the highway 5 days a week and the shaking problem persists. Even having new tires, balance, and an alignment, it still shakes when I press on the brakes. There is a hard vibration when I brake and a squeaking when going in reverse. I went to the dealership again for the same thing--it is not fixed. What is your diagnosis and how can I get this fixed?

A: You have a brake rotor that is warped causi...

You have a brake rotor that is warped causing the vibration since the vibration is only when you hit the brakes it is then in the brakes. To narrow it down when you brake, do you feel it more in the steering wheel or more in the seat and less in the steering wheel? If you feel it in the seat more than the steering, then it is in the rear brake rotors. If you feel it in the steering more then it is in the front rotors. If you feel it in both then both front and rear have warped rotors.