Q: What should I look for when inspecting the tires?

What should I look for when inspecting the tires?

While keeping your tires properly inflated is very important, it’s also essential that you check their condition regularly. This can help you spot potential problems before they become real issues, and may help prevent a blowout from occurring. Here’s what you should do:

1. Check the condition of each tire every time you check the air pressure.

2. Check for cuts or tears on valve stems.

3. Check for bulges or ripples in the sides of the tires.

4. Check for uneven tread wear (wearing on one edge, wearing on both edges, wearing

only in the center, etc.).

1. Check for splits, cuts and cracks in the sidewalls of the tires.

Tip

If you feel a rhythmic vibration while driving, have your tires inspected as this could be a sign of a broken belt.