Q: Hello, I was curious to know how much would a transmission fluid change cost for a 2013 Scion XB? What type of fluid do they use?

I have had the vehicle since day one. I'm the only one to have put the miles on it myself. I haven't done any maintence on the vehicle other than a new set of tires, rotation, wiper blades and oil changes. I was wondering about a transmission fluid change. Which fluid do I use for my 2013 Scion XB ranging at just at 39,000 miles. Also, my light that has an exclamation point in the middle of two parentheses with ripples under it has been on and continued to stay on is this safe? Also, I know my car is on the recall list for several things on my vehicle. I'm concerned and want to make sure that my dealership doesn't overcharge otherwise i'll have my friend who is a mechanic do the work for me if he's able to since he'll do it labor free if I purchase the supplies. Thank you kindly!! --K

Hi there. The transmission fluid that your vehicle calls for is Genuine Toyota ATF T-IV Transmission Fluid. If you have letters to have your vehicle brought to the dealership for a recall, there is no charge to you to fix a recall.

Billing question sent to CS for the cost of servicing the transmission on a 2013 Scion xB with a L4-2.4L engine and automatic transmission.