Q: What would make my 2003 dodge ram shut off in the middle of the high way? Once on the side the car would not start.

What would cause my truck to shut off while I was driving on the highway. Only thing that I noticed was when I went to turn the key in the ignition was at first it would not turn over. I had to hold it until it finally turned on. We got in the highway driving 70 miles am hour them shut off. I checked all the fuses and they were fine... not sure if fuel pump has anything to do with it.

Hi there. Typically when an engine shuts off while under acceleration, it is caused by an instant reduction in fuel flow or an ignition system component that failed. Among the leading candidates include, fuel pump failure, fuel pump relay, or crankshaft or cam position sensor failure. It is probably a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a car is hard to start inspection, so they can isolate the source of this problem and recommend the right repairs.

3. What would make my 2003 dodge ram shut off in the middle of the high way? Once on the side the car would not start.