Q: Transmission Position P May not be Possible is the message i get when i start my car and the car would not move.

Transmission Position P May not be Possible is the message i get when i start my car and the car would not move. The car does not start also.

Hi there. If you are getting this message it is typically because the electronic shifter is failing. Most of the time this occurs because of something that has been spilled in the center console. Some of the time the shifter fails on its own. Either way the shifter assembly will need to be replaced and programmed to the vehicle. Unfortunately this is something that the dealer has to do.

• Transmission Position P May not be Possible is the message i get when i start my car and the car would not move.