Q: smoke/steam coming form dipstick 2009 VW GTI Turbo

Hi good morning, I have a quick question. I have a golf mk6 20 tdi year 2009 and when I remove the dipstick i see like smoke/steam coming for it is that something to worry about??? please email me on engelbert.mifsud@hotmail.com

Hello - it is normal to have a small amount of "fumes" exit the dipstick when it is pulled. The crankcase, is after all, a pretty violent place - oil and extreme temperatures combined with rotating hot metal. If you notice your PCV valve clogging rapidly, loss of coolant, blue smoke or moisture constantly coming from the tailpipe, there may a problem that requires attention - such as an engine inspection.