Q: Q: Catalytic converter

When I bought it they took the front pre cat off...should I buy a new one and install it?

The short answer is yes. I’ll assume that the catalyst was taken off because it was damaged. They are expensive parts and many owners choose to replace catalysts with pipes or mufflers, but there are two reasons why that is a bad idea. One, It’s illegal. You’re not permitted to take emission control parts off of your car and in most states, the car will not pass its annual inspection without the cat. The other reason is that without the proper catalysts, the car will present a check engine light and store a trouble code. This may not seem like a big deal, but once the light is on, it’s on so if any other failures occur, you may not have any indication until more damage occurs. The easiest way to deal with this is to contact Your Mechanic to have a technician come to your home or office and install a catalyst for you.

3. Q: Catalytic converter