Q: Flashing lights after battery reattachment

asked by on February 04, 2017

Help My car wouldn't start, the battery was disconnected terminals cleaned battery charged, and put back in. When the battery was reconnected, the blinkers and dash lights flash in a series of three flashes stops then does it again , car won't start even though the lights and chime inside work when the key is inserted. Please I need help the service departments are closed and no one can give me an answer please I'm desperate!

Service Battery/cables $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

The issue is the alarm system (security) is tripped on your vehicle. Try turning the key to the ’ON’ position and locking and unlocking the doors with the key fob remote, that is if your vehicle has a remote. This should disarm the alarm to start the vehicle. If not, then you will need to remove the battery cables and leave them off for 13 minutes to clear the ECM (computer). If you need further assistance with your flashing lights, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.