Q: Turbo is not boosting - is this fixable?

OK so I am now not getting any boost and I took off actuator arm and it's all play no spring action on the valve is that fixable or does it take new turbo and is it OK to drive with it not working properly.there is no coolant issues nor check engine light oil is running freely through turbo and if I hold it open /close it boosts I also have gfb blow off valve with adjustable atmosphere

A: Hello. If your engine is not boosting prope...

Hello. If your engine is not boosting properly then it may be related to the actuator. In most cases turbo wastegate actuators should be difficult to move by hand, as they are designed to open up as boost pressure increases. If the actuator is loose then the wastegate may broken or not be functioning correctly, which can greatly affect turbo performance. In most cases, however, a loose actuator will usually cause overboost, not lack of boost, it depends on the exact issue. If it is the OEM wastegate actuator, you may need a new or rebuilt turbo, as it appears that the wastegate is integrated into the turbo. I would also check the turbo system piping and vacuum lines for any possible boost leaks, as this can also cause the engine to not produce boost properly.