Q: My abs light came on

My tire pressure light came on then the abs light

This suggests that you may have low tire pressure in one of your tires. The ABS light may also come on as a result of this for a couple of reasons. Your car is equipped with wheel speed sensors at each of the four wheels which monitor wheel speed while relaying this information constantly to the ABS and traction control system which are controlled by the car’s ECU.

When the ECU senses an abnormal speed given specific conditions, it engages the ABS or traction control as needed to control the vehicle properly and safely. Occasionally, these sensors can fail or become faulty working intermittently sending inaccurate signals to the ECU. When this happens, you may experience the symptoms you have described.

The ABS or traction control system may be inadvertently activated by these false or inaccurate signals. Depending on the signal transmitted from the wheel speed sensors to the ABS system as a result of the change in tire pressure, this may have also caused the ABS light to come on.

To avoid unnecessary repairs, I would suggest having a professional from YourMechanic come to your home to diagnose your ABS light and traction control system to determine the cause for this issue.

3. My abs light came on