Q: brake shoe wear uneven

Both rear shoes worn on one half only, the front half are perfect, the rear half are totally worn. I have replaced them, when drum cover is removed the wheel hub will turn by hand. but when i put drum cover back on, the wheel wont turn by hand. Now vehicle pulls back when i drive. Drum heats up

Hi there. Several factors are involved in assessing brake shoe wear. Servo design (lower part of shoes move side to side) and the secondary (rear) brake shoe does most of the work. Non-servo design (lower part of shoes fixed) and the primary (front) brake shoe does most of the work. The wheel cylinders push the shoes out against the drums. The primary piston in the wheel cylinder could be stuck. The backing plates, may have contact point grooves, affecting the brake shoe movement. The drums should have been machined, at the time of brake shoe replacement. The difficulty turning the drum once installed, leads me to believe, the brake shoes are improperly adjusted. I recommend having your vehicle’s uneven brake shoe wear be diagnosed and repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.