Q: I'm a bit confused. You show 1 timing chain, my 2006 CTS has a total of three. Perhaps you're suggesting that the main chain is damaged.

I'm a bit confused. You show 1 timing chain, my 2006 cts has a total of three. Perhaps you're suggesting that the main chain is most likely the problem and that's all you reference, but it seems just as likely to me that it could just as easily be all three that have stretched. So, why not replace all three while the front end is already torn apart? Plus there are guides and tensioners and pulleys that come with a standard kit. What am I missing here? 210,000 miles

When it comes to replacing the timing chain in your vehicle, it is best to replace all of the timing chains. For your engine, the camshaft timing chains are more likely to stretch more than the main drive timing chain. All of the tensioner, guides, and sprockets should be replaced as well to start a new pattern with the new chains. Old patterns will prematurely damage the timing chains. Click on the following links to see the process of the timing chain replacement:

Click Below

If you need further assistance with your timing chain replacement, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

• I'm a bit confused. You show 1 timing chain, my 2006 CTS has a total of three. Perhaps you're suggesting that the main chain is damaged.