Q: Intake manifold gasket preventive maintance

I have a 96 gmc sierra 4.3L vortec with no intake leaks.I will be driving from California to Texas soon and was wandering if I should do a intake manifold gasket dice I have done a complete coolant system?

Hello.

If the vehicle runs well and does not have any leaks then it may not be necessary, however, at 180k miles it would not be a bad idea to replace the intake manifold gaskets, especially if you plan on going on a long road trip. This will protect against the possibility of coolant or vacuum leaks at the intake manifold, which are more likely during extended drives. If you’d like to have this done, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to your home or office and replace your intake manifold gaskets.

3. Intake manifold gasket preventive maintance