Q: To check the transmission oil on my pontiac g6 do it has to be running, it dosent have a dipstick so i have to take out the bolt

How to check oil on a pontiac g6 without the dipstick

A: You have to have the engine running on a li...

You have to have the engine running on a lift or a flat surface before you take out the check plug or else the fluid will spill out. Then you can check the fluid level and put the plug back in before shutting off the engine.

All of this should be done with the engine and transmission at operating temperature. Be careful of hot fluids. If you don't feel comfortable doing this job, have a mechanic check your oil level and make any adjustments accordingly.