Q: Car labeled gross polluter

My car runs great, but has been tagged a gross polluter. I rebuilt the carburetor, and it looks good on the low side. But on the 2000-2500 test, it's 565 and should be 150. The car does not smoke or use oil, and the temperature is always at halfway point.

A: The carburetor may need to be adjusted whil...

The carburetor may need to be adjusted while the gas analyzer is monitoring the levels. If the adjusting does not fix the problem, then the converter may be defective and need to be replaced. I recommend that you have a mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, come by and check your car for you.