Q: Only when it's really hot outside the temperature gauge reaches almost about less then half way. Car won't start up again till coo

Only on hot days temp gauge reaches less then half way car won't start up again till completely cool down.. I give it gas it turns on but when I let the gas go it shuts off

There may be 2 issues to deal with here. The inability of the engine to reach "normal operating temperature" (always the center of the gauge), indicates either a weak or failed thermostat, or a failed coolant temperature sending unit/coolant temp gauge. The difficulty starting and staying running is likely another issue such as a dirty idle air controller, throttle body, air leak in the intake system, etc. I would recommend YourMechanic dispatch a mobile, professional mechanic to your location to have them inspect your engine stalling and engine temperature issue.

• Only when it's really hot outside the temperature gauge reaches almost about less then half way. Car won't start up again till coo