Q: Needing help with compatible parts. 2002 Jeep Liberty

Hello I was just wondering and really needing to know if you can tell me what vehicles have the same a.c. compressor or if there a a.c. compressor off any vehicle that will work on my jeep ?

A: The best place to find the answer to this q...

The best place to find the answer to this question is at an auto parts store. You will need to find someone willing to help you identify substitute compressors. I am assuming you are wanting to use a used unit and parts stores are about sales. If they don’t think your going to buy from them, they may not be very helpful. The next place to check is the wrecking yard. Some wrecking yards are better at this than others. It all comes down to the experience and motivation of the person behind the counter and the capabilities of the parts software they use as well as the person using it. Many parts people never dig into this area of parts service so don’t be surprised if you get a less than helpful response from the first person you speak with.

If you want to do some digging into this, try searching for Jeep Libertys with similar years as your (i.e. 2001, 2002, 2003, etc.). If you decide you would rather not spend the time looking for a used on, the YourMechanic team can replace your AC compressor with a new one for your Jeep.