Q: Engine and steering making a weird noise

The engine is making weird noises when it turns over and the steering wheel is hard when I slow to make a turn. The steering is also making a weird noise.

A: It sounds like you may be having a power st...

It sounds like you may be having a power steering system fault. The most common cause of this is a power steering fluid leak or a power steering pump failure. With the power steering causing the vehicle to be hard to tune, this car is unsafe to drive until repairs have been made. A qualified mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the car’s noises and make the needed repairs to have them fixed.