leaking fluid all over driver rear tire blazer 2001 chevr...

Q: leaking fluid all over driver rear tire

asked by on July 03, 2017

My truck started leaking fluid all over driver rear rim and tire The truck won't go over 30 mph and started smoking severely by the tire I was turning the corner and the oil pressure gauge maxed out and I saw smoke. I let it cool down and tried to drive it home it wouldn't go over 30 mph and smoking again so I had it towed. What could be the problem with my truck?

There are only three sources of fluid at that wheel position: the shock, the brake tubing, and the differential/axle. An inspection would reveal which one is at issue. If the differential were the source of the fluid leak, a huge amount of friction could result if all fluid leaked out, possibly accounting for the loss of power. However, it is also possible that you have multiple issues (e.g., engine loss of power and a leak). There are a number of possible entrees to getting this inspected and repaired. I would just simply request a leak inspection. The mechanic will take it from there and consider both the "source" of the leak and the loss of power issue. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.