Q: Driving through water makes my truck bog down.

When I am driving and go through a water puddle or ever wet mud something under my truck gets wet and it likes to bog down. When I accelerate it wants to bog out and sounds like its girgling. After i floor it a few times it stops.

Hello, and thank you for writing in. When looking under the vehicle you will see several electrical connections that may be to blame. The oxygen sensors, starter connections, and transmission sensors that can all cause the computers to struggle in regulating the engine. If the sensor is not an issue when dry, then you may not want to look at replacing any parts, but turn your attention into installing a shield on the bottom of the vehicle. You should also take a good look at all of the listed components above to make sure no wires or connections are openly exposed to the environment. Wrap any open wires with electrical tape, or replace the wire altogether. Look for signs or corrosion and rust. If the problem gets worse, you may want to have some electrical testing done, or have the vehicle scanned for codes (which must be done when the symptoms are present). For more diagnostic help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. Driving through water makes my truck bog down.